Donate to Old School Gamers

Discussion in 'Donating/VIP' started by Lambda, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Lambda

Lambda Founder of Old School Gamers. Shaken not stirred. Staff Member Founder

Running game servers is not a cheap thing to do. I have to take out my time to keep it running smoothly, but also renting the machine as well. I don't rent a server, I rent a machine. This means I can run as many servers as I want, up to the hardware limit.

I have created a donation system where players can contribute towards the server and website costs and they can get a few perks to come with it.

VIP BENEFITS

• Reserved slot on all servers - you can join the game even when it says server is full
    • VIP tag next to your name in game
    • Access to more skins (Zombie Escape). At the moment, this will be 5 VIP human skins
    • A cool medal underneath your name on the forums

There will a few more interesting things coming soon, but this will be when I have some more free time.

Some more information about donations:

• A donation of £3 will create one months of benefits. It goes in stages, so £6 will be two months etc..
    • If you donate £30 over the course, you get lifetime VIP. You don't have to donate £30 in one go.
    • Minimum donation is £3
    • Once you have donated, you are not granted VIP straight away. I will manually give VIP. This is usually the same day, but not always. Your VIP starts from the day its active in that case.
    • Donations are not refundable and benefits can be taken away if the player is always breaking server and forum rules. We can also refuse donations from certain people.
    • If people try to claim back their money, they will be permanently banned. This is a hobby, not a business.

Now to donate, you need to be registered on the forums. Once you are, there is a DONATE option between FORUMS AND MEMBERS. Click there and it will take you to the donate screen and then onto paypal.

• Like Like x 2
  2. ST34M

ST34M New Member Clan Member

Hey,
    I was just wondering if you could also make it possible to donate without a creditcard.
    Makes it easier for people who don't have it/feel like using it.

3. Lambda

I will have to look at that and see there is alternative way. I think with paypal, you can donate without a card, but you need to have a bank account obviously.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ST34M

ST34M New Member Clan Member

Hmm, okay then.
    Thank you anyways.

5. Lambda

I will have a look at this weekend for more information :)

6. Gertzu77

Gertzu77 New Member VIP/Donator

Is there any way to see how the VIP player skins looks like ? :)

7. Lambda

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gertzu77

Nice, love the Duke Nukem one! I'm guessing more will be added ? Also isn't the Crysis one for everyone? :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Lambda

Yeah sorry the nanosuit is a free skin, as well as the Master Chief ones.

The three skins on here are the VIP skins

10. Gertzu77

Just donated a small amount. Would donate more if I could :( But I'm happy that I found this server! <3

11. Lambda

12. RazmanTR95

RazmanTR95 New Member VIP/Donator

I'm about to donate for a month :) i find myself on the sever very regularly, how long will the vip benefits be added mind me asking? :)

13. RazmanTR95

RazmanTR95 New Member VIP/Donator

I just found out right after i donated that your on vacation lambda :( for two weeks *facepalm* I hope ill get it soon after your back :D Thanks awesome server.

14. SnarlyTrain

SnarlyTrain Member

One day the machines will take over the world

15. swhipple

swhipple New Member

I was thinking CS:GO Keys could be an option of donation?

16. Lambda

I'm afraid it has to be via Paypal, because I usually sell my cases.

17. Lambda

I've just updated the first post. Donations (in some rare circumstance) will be refused and will be refunded back.

18. Lambda

Have now updated again. If you donate £30 or more, you will get lifetime VIP.

Congratulations to Cool2beaboy and Mortal Wombat who are the first recepients.